Is your computer data protected from fire, flood, severe storms, or theft? Don’t lose everything you’ve worked so hard to achieve in an instant. Strong planning strategies can protect your business from disaster including natural hazards, human error, cyber criminals, hardware failure, software corruption, and other data-erasing failures.
- Back up your data remotely. You already know your data needs to be backed up on a daily basis, but many businesses still use in-house backup systems that can be damaged in a natural disaster or fire or could easily be stolen.
- Automate your backup. If backing up your data depends on a human doing something, it’s flawed. The #1 cause of data loss is human error. Automation makes sure processes run completely and consistently.
- Use a quality surge protector with an uninterruptible power supply battery. This will help protect sensitive electronic equipment from surges and other electronic irregularities that can destroy your computer’s circuitry.
- Make sure your servers are off the floor or in the cloud. If your office gets flooded, having your equipment off the floor will prevent it from being completely destroyed. Server racks can be purchased and installed inexpensively, or consider moving your critical server equipment to the cloud for guaranteed weatherproofing.
- Have remote access and management of your network. This will allow you and your staff to keep working if you cannot go into your office. It also allows your IT staff or IT vendor partner to be able to access your network remotely in the event of an emergency or for routine maintenance.
- Have a documented Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Plan. Every business should have some type of plan in place for continued operation after a disaster. Would people know where to go, who to call, and how to log in to access your IT network remotely?
- Hire a trusted professional to help. Trying to recover your data after a disaster without professional help could be the difference between a quick, successful recovery or losing your business completely. Even if you have IT on staff, you’ll need extra resources that can focus on recovery only.
No one likes to think about bad things happening, much less planning for them, but this is an urgent action item you cannot ignore. The survival of your business relies on how quickly your network can be back up and running after a natural disaster, server crash, hacker attack, or other data-erasing tragedy.
Pearl Solutions Group is a Managed Service Provider with expertise in building, managing, securing, and recovering IT networks. During September, we are offering a Disaster Recovery Business Assessment (a $300 value!) for FREE! We will conduct a thorough assessment to determine:
- How fast you could realistically be back up and running in the event of a data disaster.
- What backup, security, and business continuity systems you currently have in place and determine whether they are sufficient.
- If and how your critical data is being backed up every day.
- The largest threats to the security and integrity of your critical business data.
- The steps and costs that would be involved to rebuild your server and recover your data if you had to.
If we don’t find issues, you’ll have peace of mind that your network is secure and you could recover quickly in the event of a disaster. If we DO find gaps, you’ll be able to fix them BEFORE you experience an unexpected catastrophe. Claim your FREE Disaster Recovery Assessment by calling us at 636-949-8850 or completing a contact form.