Body-Worn & In-Car Cameras
Law enforcement, EMS, and fire districts who have deployed body-worn and in-car camera programs are improving the safety and quality of interactions and protecting the integrity of each person and call.
Body-worn and in-car cameras for public safety feature durable hardware, high-quality video, and secure networks. Agency-recorded videos and accompanying policies are transforming first-responder disciplines.
The general public is already recording video, you need agency perspective footage that captures the entire encounter without edits.
- Tend to lead to best behavior from everyone on the call, especially in circumstances or within vehicles where only one staff and one citizen are present.
- Gives base station staff and supervisors insight into what field personnel are seeing in real time.
- Field-recorded video improves quality and amount of information communicated during patient or suspect handover.
- Higher-quality call documentation when able to review time-stamped videos as written reports are prepared.
- Footage can be used internally for remedial training, compliance, or other quality assurance efforts.
- Long-life battery equipped body cameras can capture an entire 12-hour shift without a recharge.
- In-car video can capture a 360-degree record of events inside and outside of the vehicle including audio, vehicle speeds, braking, and light-bar status.
- Policy-compliant recording: Recordings start and stop based on events like vehicle speed, light bars and weapons lock releases, all of which are defined and managed at HQ
- Awareness of available video documentation reduces false claims.
- Evidence management software provides chain-of-custody and antitamper protocols allowing videos to be court-admissible evidence.
- Video documentation of adherence to national, state, and local standards of care, policies, and guidelines, including things like patient refusal of care.
- Defensible position even when video confirms mistake. Using videos in remediation can show you are working to improve substandard care when you identify it.
Product Features for Body Cameras
- Wide-angle lenses, night vision, and emergency SOS button that activates live-stream video and GPS location
- High-quality footage capture as early as 60 seconds prior to recording
- Unified evidence management platform that preserves the chain of custody
- Rugged-built quality with an IP67 rating and MIL-STD-810H architecture so the evidence capture continues uninterrupted even in the most challenging outdoor environments
- Quality Audio with Advanced Noise Reduction
Studies have shown up to a 40% increase in the accuracy of reports when the option to review recordings of what had happened are utilized.
When adding request to your budget, make sure to consider unit cost, maintenance, charging/uploading systems, video storage, replacements/spares, legal or administrative fees for complying with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests or subpoenas, and (depending on the size of the agency and number of cameras purchased) a system administrator.
Schedule a Demo
Let us showcase our experience, knowledge, and personal approach. Schedule a demo of mission-critical technology equipment that will ensure your front line responders are working with reliability, integrity, and security.